Projects - Schools, Churches & Clinics
Since 1999, Harvest for the Poor has completed over 40 projects in the poorest areas of Haiti. Each project consists of a church and a school. The word of God means more to us than anything else. However, when it comes to education, feeding and clothing the needy, we do so without discrimination to race, sex or religion. Wherever, one of our projects is established, we serve the entire community.
BRIEF FACTS ABOUT HAITI:
- Haiti is the oldest black republic in the world.
- Population: approximately 8.3 million, almost entirely of African origin
- Employment rate: 30%
- Illiteracy rate: 48%
- Religion: Catholic 85%, Voodoo 90%
- Languages: French (official), Creole or Kreyol (most widely spoken)
- Haiti is the poorest and most densely populated country in the Western Hemisphere.
- Average life expectancy is only 52 years
ITEMS NEEDED: Food, Clothing, Shoes, Toothbrushes, Towels, Bedding, Hygiene Kits, Kitchen & Household Items, Paint, Toys, Soap, Children’s Clothes, Backpacks, Hats, Batteries, Pharmacy Items and other Surplus Goods.